Submit your nominations online
Nominations can be made online here: https://hnatyshynfoundation.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/47212.
Deadline for submission of nominations is May 16.
(Deadline for submission of French Theatre is June 6.)
Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents. For undergraduate level grants, candidates must be nominated by the Canadian post-secondary institution at which they will be studying. For the graduate grant in classical voice, a candidate can be nominated by a university, training institution or recognized teacher anywhere in the world.
Grants will be awarded on the basis of exceptional promise for a distinguished career in performance. Expert adjudicators in each discipline will evaluate the nominees based on audition tapes.
Use of the grants
The money can cover tuition, living expenses, books and materials required by the program of study.
Responsibilities of recipients
Candidates can be nominated by only one institution; must use the grant for the sole purpose for which it was approved; must return unused funds to the Foundation if studies are abandoned.
Responsibilities of the institutions
Institutions must nominate candidates using the online system. Candidates cannot self nominate.
Eligible level of studies and other requirements vary depending on the artistic discipline. See the guideline for each discipline category for specific eligibility criteria before registering online.
- Guidelines for Classical Music - Vocal Performance (PDF)
- Guidelines for Classical Music - Piano (PDF)
- Guidelines for Classical Music - Orchestral Instrument (PDF)
- Guidelines for Jazz Performance - Instrumental or Vocal (PDF)
- Guidelines for Contemporary Dance (PDF)
- Guidelines for Acting English Theatre (PDF)
- Acting (French Theatre) - Guidelines can be found here.
- Young Conductor's Fellowship - Guidelines can be found here.